Tuesday, August 17, 2010

All 30 Free Will Flux Quotes With Bonuses

For 30 days this summer I posted quotes from the characters in my metaphysical fiction book Free Will Flux, one quote per day, 30 quotes in all--sort of a textual book preview. Today, upon posting the 30th and final quote of the series, I've put them all together into one post, the full text of 30 Days of 30 Free Will Flux Quotes. Read all 30 quotes one right after the other and it may just evoke something of a movie preview...I mean, book preview inside your head.

As a bonus, I've included the character attributions for each quote.

Also, any of you paying close attention to the 30 Days of 30 Free Will Flux Quotes as they were being posted may have noticed that I skipped a day, going straight from Day 20 to Day 22. So make special note of Day 21, since this is the first time it's appeared online. And to make up for my error, this quote will be from a character I haven't quoted yet.

One last thing before I present the 30 Free Will Flux Quotes, keep reading after the final quote and you'll find out what's up next for the Flux Happens blog and get a special invitation.


  1. "If you were around when it happened, I know you thought it was the end of the world."  Pressman

  2. "Manu, stop it! Nadie esta' alli'! Manu, there's nobody here! Stop it, please, you're scaring me!" Savannah

  3. "How'd I get into the right lane?" Isaac

  4. "There barracuda in pool! Big, big barracuda in pool!"  wrong number

  5. "Redwood Grove is a destination. Nobody passes through."  Mayor

  6. "Nothing. I'm looking for nothing, which is hard enough to find without all your goddamned distractions."  Reg

  7. "Was it real when you took the bite?"  Otto Tannenbaum

  8. "Maybe the world just wanted some attention and didn't know how to ask."  Isaac

  9. "Things are really happening, Savannah. Not everyone is hallucinating. And not everyone is going crazy."  Otto Tannenbaum

  10. "I just need you to tell me if I'm on all the television stations. I need to know that I'm the one being covered right now by everyone."  Otto Tannenbaum

  11. “I think it was a great white. And then the most incredible thing happened. It killed me."  Otto Tannenbaum

  12. "Do you know me?"  Joe

  13. "Pioneers, gentlemen...and lady. We're the next rung on the ladder. In a word, evolution."  Reg

  14. "I know how all this sounds, but have you looked around? What's not preposterous these days?"  Reg

  15. "Show of hand in the studio - who just pissed themselves?...Wow. That was more than I expected."  Zack Piper

  16. "Look Mama, that lady's walking upside down!"  Mira

    "Mira, stop making things up." Hillary

    "But I'm not!"  Mira

  17. "Who's anybody gonna sue? I know, let's take a poll on who we should blame for this, whatever the (bleep) it was."  Zack Piper

  18. "I know what it's like to feel like you don't belong. The world is something that's happening to other people, but not to you."  Mira

  19. "This is what the world is coming to. We're all forced to live like third-worlders while the third-world itself is already plenty used to it, and they're over there laughing their emaciated asses off at us."  Zack Piper

  20. "Do you think I'm blind? I can see everything you can, child. I just prefer not to."  Bernice

  21. "These people are like little walking black holes. They're defective. And that's being nice. Their power is to negate power. How much good does that do the world?"  Gareth

  22. "So if you don't mind, I'll take you to yourself now."  Otto Tannenbaum

  23. "I don't trust him either. But I'll go along with it. Because I think you believe him. And that's not healthy. Someone has to blow this fairy tale apart."  Manu

  24. "Get me out of here!"  Otto Tannenbaum

    "Get yourself out."  Savannah

  25. "Lost souls are not escaping anything. They're confronting head-on every paradox of their existence and losing."  Pressman

  26. "Why can't I get away from you?"  Savannah

  27. "Who's to say I'm not one of the bad guys?"  Joe

  28. "How did you find me here?"  Zack Piper

    "You wanted to be found."  Mira

  29. "I'm only trying to help"  Otto Tannenbaum

    "I know! That's all you ever do is help. That's half the problem."  Savannah

    "And the other half?"  Otto Tannenbaum

    "That you suck at it."  Savannah

  30. "I think I know where we're going."  Joe


Next up on Flux Happens:

  • Character Bios
  • and the launch of my Free Weekly Serial Screenplay & Viral Publishing Experiment "The Middle of Nowhere"*. No mailing list sign-up required. By the end of this viral publishing experiment, the full manuscript start to finish will be published online free for all to read.

*the script I was in the middle of working on when I started Free Will Flux. More on this in coming posts. As for the character bios, up first - Isaac Pressman; newscaster, father. Stay tuned. Or better yet, Follow this blog to automatically receive these updates when they're posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now what say you?